Lollipop Trees

Monday, July 18, 2011

Thrifty Deals!

I am becoming a huge fan of the thrift stores! It's great that in our disposable society, someone's trash can become another person's treasures. And you can spend so little for so much! I found great treasures on the day that I shopped for my shirt skirt supplies that I posted about earlier. I just have to share some of my deals!



I found this artificial plant half price and it came to only $1.50! I still can't believe it! I have a much smaller one similar to it for between $20 and $30.

I have been looking for an organizer/phone charging station for our entry. The one that I want is $50 and has only one star reviews on the internet. Needless to say, I was a bit leary to buy it. On the day that I decided to purchase the organizer, I found a shelf unit that would work just as well for (drum roll, please!)............... 50 cents! I still can't believe this one either! I am in the process of filling nail holes and other marks on it and painting it to give it a more updated look. And no, it isn't the perfect shelf that I would have picked out new in the store, but it holds everything exactly right and won't look too bad once it's finished! It's a keeper for that price!

The kids found two shirts a piece in the 25 cent bins. The each got Vikings football jerseys and another shirt that they loved.

Our next stop was the children's gently used clothing and gear store. We found this brand new, still in the box, Playskool bouncing worm toy for less than 1/3 of the cost that I saw on the internet.


My kids exclaimed as we left the store, "I can't believe it!" I wonder where they got that expression? That's exactly what I was thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment